The National Universities Commission (NUC) has granted full accreditation for all six programmes of PAMO University of Medical Sciences. In a letter conveying the approval, with reference No: NUC/ES/412/Vol.12/153 dated 19th March, 2020, the Commission mentioned the six disciplines as follow:
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- B.Sc. Anatomy
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Pharmacology
- B.Sc. Physiology
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science Nursing Science
The Commission also announced that the approval followed the successful running of the programmes by the University for two years and in strict compliance with NUC statutory guidelines on the initial accreditation of all new programmes. According to NUC, the accreditation is valid for five years.
It will be recalled that PAMO University of Medical Sciences was granted operational licence on 19th December, 2017 as the pioneer private medical University in Nigeria.
Furthermore, the University has received full accreditation from regulatory bodies for the following programmes:
- Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) through a letter with reference No: MLSCN/EDU/ATR/VOL.4/199/2019 dated 5th December, 201
- Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) through a letter with reference No: NMCN/S&A/DEPT/PUMS/VOL.1/10 dated 22nd September, 2020
- Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) has granted full pre-clinical Accreditation for MBBS programme through a letter with reference No: MDCN/1588/Vol.1/93 dated 19th October, 2020. Currently, the 400 Level MBBS students are undergoing their clinical training.
With this accreditation status, the University has satisfied all the requirements to operate as a specialized University for training of Medical Doctors and allied professionals in the health sector. PAMO University of Medical Sciences has made history as the first private University in Rivers State and Nigeria devoted completely to the training of professionals in the medical sciences.
Senate, Management, Staff and Students of PAMO University of Medical Sciences are most grateful to the Chancellor, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar (Rtd), GCON and members of the Board of Trustees, Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Sir Dr Peter Odili, CON and members of Council for their various contributions towards making the University as one of the best private medical universities in the world.