IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES (JAMB ADMISSION GUIDELINES)
- Applicants must upload their O’ Level results on the Board’s portal before the commencement of admission exercise.
- Applicants are required to ‘accept’ or ‘reject’ admission before the process is deemed to have been completed.
- Any candidate who has chosen an institution as second, third or fourth choice did not need any change of choice or payment to JAMB to be considered for admission exercise during the period of the second choice admission exercise.
- Admissions will be based on the approved institutional/programmes cut-off marks and minimum UTME score for admission prescribed for each school subject to the respective National Minimum UTME scores.
- Cut-off marks for admission will be determined by minimum UTME score/direct entry grade, post UTME (if applicable), grading of Senior School Certificate grades, interview/practical scores and percentage allotted to UTME score range from 50 percent to 100 percent, (if applicable).
- Tertiary institution must use 2018 UTME/direct entry results, JAMB 2018 admission quota as prescribed by the regulatory agencies, 2018 UTME brochure, guidelines on admission as prescribed by the proprietors and policy decisions reached at the meeting and directives of the Minister of Education.
- For a candidate to be registered in any institution from 2018 admission exercise, he/she must be recommended by any institution, admitted and approved by JAMB, accept the offer online on JAMB’s website at no cost, print both result slip and admission letter, screen and present acceptable credentials.